Over time you get used to certain ways of doing things. In my day job I work in a MS Windows world and am very used to using Windows keyboard short-cuts. The one I use most is WIN+E to open Windows Explorer.
In KDE4 I use Dolphin as my file manager. I wanted to add a keyboard short-cut to launch it, the same as in Windows.
The solution is very simple!
- Right-click on the K menu.
- Select Menu Editor
- For Dolphin, navigate to System and select Dolphin
- In the right hand panel, the standard settings for Dolphin will be displayed. Click on the Advanced tab
- At the bottom of the panel, click in the box to the right of Current shortcut key
- Press WIN+E keys on your keyboard, Meta+E will be displayed
- On the toolbar, click Save
- Close the window.
Now when you press Win+E, Dolphin will run.
Powered by Blogilo